Any parent with a young child eventually comes faced with the decision of where to enroll that child in school. Traditionally, education begins with kindergarten classes at age 4 or 5. However, waiting until kindergarten to enroll a child in classes may not be taking advantage of one of the most important parts of the formative years. Preschools and daycares offer not only child care and supervision during the daytime for working parents, but can offer your children a head start on their futures. Here are some excellent reasons why you should consider enrolling your child in a local daycare in San Diego preschool in San Diego.
- Daycare has been around for over 150 years. It originated with the welfare and reform movements of the 19th century. They were initially intended to provide working parents a means of continuing working while having children. Modern daycares are still used in much of the same capacity, but now with much more educational and social emphasis.
- A two year old is generally more active than at any other point in there life. These are the most formative years of a child. Giving them an outlet to learn and play.
- Although some academic learning can take place in preschool, children benefit primarily from the social aspects of early educational settings. It provides a great outlet for making friends and experiencing the rights and wrongs of childhood.
- Studies have found that children in quality preschool programs are less likely to repeat grades, need special education, or get into future trouble with the law. A proper education is the best way to avoid pitfalls later in life. The earlier your child starts, the better.
- Additional studies of low income children in Chicago found that those who had attended preschool were 28% less likely to develop alcohol or other drug problems or to wind up in jail or prison in adulthood, compared with kids who did not go to preschool.
The results of early education do not lie. Children that enroll in preschool or daycare earlier, experience long term social and academic benefits. Daycare is not just about having a place to drop off your child while you work. It is a wonderful outlet to begin the education process and prepare your son or daughter for the future. More like this article: weecarepreschools.com