Have you ever wondered about the history of Christian churches? There are many different Christian churches worldwide, not only because of the different splinter sects of Christianity, but also because of the split between more traditional versus contemporary church service. But, if you want to learn about diversity, the place to start is not the different churches of Christianity, but instead information on Christianity.
Here are some facts to start you off about Christians around the world.
- Christians of many different denominations actually represent more than 30% of the world’s population.
- Aramaic, Greek, and Hebrew were the original languages the Bible was written in.
- In the Bible there are 773,692 words, and the longest of those words is Mahershalalhashbazm. This Hebrew word appears in Isaiah, chapters 7 to 9.
- There are about 2.2 billion people who claim to follow the Christian faith across the world.
- Originally when the Nativity scene as we see it now had its advent in the 13th century. At that time however, it only depicted the baby Jesus, a donkey, an ox, and some hay.