Whether you are looking for defense base act attorneys who can help you with a claim, experts in jones act workers compensation, or even firms who are best able to provide you with longshore and harbor workers compensation act services, here are a few facts that you need to know.
1. The Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act (LHWCA) provides protection to approximately 500,000 workers who are injured or contract occupational diseases occurring on the navigable waters of the United States, or in adjoining areas
2. The Longshore Compensation Act provides over $747 million in monetary, medical and vocational rehabilitation benefits.
3. The Defense Base Act provides workers’ compensation protection to civilian employees working outside the United States on US military bases or under a contract with the U.S. government for public works or for national defense.
4. The Defense Base Act (DBA) is an extension of the federal workers’ compensation program that covers longshoremen and harbor workers.
5. One aspect of the DBA that makes it “claimant friendly” is how it treats attorneys’ fees. Great references here: